Friday, March 26, 2010

EASTER Chick Bag/Basket




 Outdated Easter Place mats............








...transformed
 into super cute over-the-chair Easter bags. 





This was super easy, cheap and fast. Even if you don't have the animal shaped place mats, these would still be easy to make. I just Found some matching fabric from my stash and made a back and the two straps. Measured the straps to make sure they were long enough to fit my dining chairs. I used heavy fusible web for stability in the back piecing and straps. Left the top open and filled with Easter goodies for my kiddos.




9 comments:

  1. Love this. Maybe include a tutorial for those of us who do not have a round placemat???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... this is GENIUS!!!! LOVE it! NEED it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Now if I only had some cute placemats...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Easy and cute! It could be even a nice bag for a baby...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness- adorable! Love it.

    Creative and Curious Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Easter chick chair bags are the cutest! I am doing a mini feature this afternoon and sending my readers over!

    Denise
    Extreme Personal Measures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, Thanks so much for finding me and for sharing! =) Just checked your blog out and I love it!! I am a Florida girl myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... wonderful!!!

    I love it

    ReplyDelete